Our backyard or "garden" as they call them here. It is so lush and green because of all the rain. It's like a fairy garden! We cut the rose bushes down in May and left them on the ground. When the gardener came (he comes every 2 weeks, cuts the grass with a machete. $15.00) he stuck the stems in the ground and lo and behold, they started blooming and now we have little rose bushes everywhere with blooms! Amazing.
Checking out handwoven bedspreads for the missionary apartments in San Sebastian. The bedspreads have already been chosen and ordered, but I thought these would be nice additional blankets or "throws". The units have central air conditioning so blankets will be needed. I get to do the shopping to "stock" the apartments with linens, kitchen utinsels and small appliances. I've been doing a lot of price checking. I think the apartments should have a few items made in El Salvador.
Jim speaking at a BSA Court of Honor at the American Embassy. Jim was invited to give a brief talk on "strong foundations". He did a great job. Of course, he knows all about strong foundations, literally!
The temple tower. Jim is taking the photo from the bucket of the crane. The granite is almost complete on all sides of the tower. They are waterproofing the building right now and will be starting the granite at the base on the east side.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.