All is well. It's hard to believe we've been here this long and our mission is almost up! But, we are working on extending 6 months..... There's no way we can leave now!! The temple is nearing completion and all the fun stuff is just beginning to happen.
We've had a busy "winter" here, as work has progressed, so have the visits from those in the USA involved. Jim is busy 6 days a week. I spend a few days at the office but I'm really not much help concerning construction or translations! I submitted my 100th photo album 2 weeks ago. Each album has about 75-100 photos. I take most of them on Friday and Saturday.
On many Sundays in the afternoons we travel the country giving stake firesides. We have given a fireside in almost all the stakes in El Salvador. We've done at least 12. There are at least 3 more stakes left that would complete all the stakes in the country. We do a slideshow of the construction and Jim tells some great stories of experiences on the site. These times when we get to be with the saints are truly the highlight of our mission. The people are so great, so humble and faithful! We just love the members in the country. At every stake we deliver bags of clothing for newly called missionaries. (or whomever the Stake Prez feels is in need, and all are in need.....) This clothing has come from the states via suitcases brought down by our architects and family visits. Every stake has between 30-50 missionaries serving. I often wonder when we travel to a new area, what will we find in this area of the country? And in every situation it is the same. Great, great, awsome people.
The best the last few months? Definitely giving the firesides is number 1! The greenery, the fresh fruit, and veggies, the new friends we've met are the best too. The worst? Well, the mold growing behind the mirror in the bedroom and in my shoes isn't too cool, but I love the rainy season. It's cooler, that's why it's called "winter".
We wonder how we will survive a REAL Montana winter when we get home!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.